Wednesday, September 9, 2015

HRN: Texas Racing Faces Fight

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .


"I was nine years old when I first set foot at Lone Star Park. It was the first time I witnessed stunning Thoroughbred athletes competing against each other to the sound of pounding hooves and the roar of the crowd. I had loved and ridden horses all my life, but this was something different – something special.

As I grew older, Lone Star became my happy place. Horse racing developed into my passion – so much so that, at a very young age, I decided that I wanted to have a career in the industry. This decision made Lone Star a necessary destination multiple times a year for me; as a one-hour drive, it is the closest racetrack to my home. The track has offered me many chances at hands-on experience within the racing industry, giving me the opportunity to meet horsemen and track officials, enjoy live racing, and simply learn more about the sport while making connections. I was aware throughout these years that the quality of Texas racing was not up to par in comparison to many states, but I enjoyed it just the same, as it was my chance to be around racehorses "at home."

However, the decline of Texas racing only continued to become more sickeningly apparent.  . ."



Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment