Monday, July 14, 2014

HRN: Lone Star Park's 2014 Spring Meet in Photos

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .

Lone Star Park's 2014 Spring Meet in Photos

"2014 is only halfway over and it has already been one of the craziest years of my life. Between preparing for and competing at horse shows on a larger scale than I ever have before in my life and completing my senior year of high school, life has been hectic. All of these things have been very exciting, but unfortunately, as a result, my time to enjoy and write about racing has greatly diminished.

In years past, I have enjoyed numerous spring and summer days at Lone Star Park. However, this year – due to my busy schedule and Lone Star’s new format of primarily night racing – I made far fewer visits to my home track than I would have liked. Yet, each and every time I was there, I was in my happy place. And this year, I was sure to make memories that last forever – in the form of photographs.

Unfortunately, I was only able to be in attendance for one of Lone Star’s stakes races during this year’s Thoroughbred meet: the Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III). However, I enjoyed all of the racing I was in attendance for, as well as the morning works I made it out to see and my visit with 2009 Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird. Lone Star is not a major headliner and has fallen upon hard times, but it is my happy place.

Please enjoy 25 of my favorite photographs I took at Lone Star this year. . ."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment