Saturday, April 12, 2014

HRN: The Respect Wise Dan Deserves

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .

The Respect Wise Dan Deserves


"Wise Dan never ran in a Triple Crown race. He has never raced in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I). He has not competed on dirt since June 2012. He has never raced at a distance longer than a mile and one-eighth. Wise Dan is certainly not the traditional "ideal" American racehorse, but despite this, he is the reigning two-time Horse of the Year.

Absent since his second consecutive win in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) at Santa Anita in November, Wise Dan made his long-awaited return to the races in the Maker's 46 Mile Stakes (gr. I) yesterday at Keeneland, aiming to defend his title in the race, which marked his post-Breeders' Cup return last year as well. The competition against which Wise Dan has competed is often criticized, but on Friday afternoon in Lexington, Kentucky, the six-time Eclipse Award winner encountered the likes of the Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. I) winner Lochte, the multiple graded stakes-winning Za Approval (who was second to Wise Dan in the 2013 Breeders' Cup Mile), and the graded stakes-placed runnersGentleman's Kitten and Kaigun.
 . ."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment