Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Well Armed: Words Cannot Express

Well Armed in his stall when I visited him for
the second time
Photo by Mary Cage
I thought when I rode Well Armed in November of 2012, it was once-in-a-lifetime occasion. But it wasn't. On January 7, 2013, I had the amazing opportunity - thanks to the unbelievable kindness of Mr. Casner - to again visit and ride the 2009 Dubai World Cup winner. 

Words simply cannot express how grateful I am towards Mr. Casner for allowing me to visit his ranch and meet the horses there, including, of course, "The Big Horse." Visiting Well Armed and feeding him his favorite treat (peppermints) would be more than enough, but leading him, brushing him, and riding him are experiences that leave me speechless.

Before I even met Well Armed or Mr. Casner, Well Armed had been one of my favorite racehorses. But now, the son of Tiznow holds an even more special place in my heart. I just cannot put into words how much Well Armed now means to me. He's a friend, he's a hero, he's an inspiration, he's Well Armed. 

And, of course, I will never be able to thank Mr. Casner enough for this opportunity.

Rather than fail to express what this incredible horse means to me, let's all just enjoy Well Armed's breathtaking Dubai World Cup victory: 

From TiznowBigHorseSire's YouTube channel

2 comments:

  1. I read your account on Queen Z's website and came here. I loved reading your account there and here. You made me feel appreciation for Mr Casner, for whom I had felt gratitude and admiration for his journey with Well Armed and all he went through with him and the loss of his daughter. Sometimes giving blesses us all and your sharing has done that. Thank you.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my blog and for your kind words! I am overwhelmed by the kindness of Mr. Casner and the personality of Well Armed. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity.

      Delete